Solar Energy Mini Laboratory
This is a set of electrical and optical instruments and components which enable a group of 4-6 students to carry out a wide range of measurements. The aim is to implement a complete program of experiences which enable students to learn the main characteristics of solar radiation and of photovoltaic conversion process.
The whole set is packed in a suitcase and is supplied with a theoretical-experimental handbook. This system is expressly fitted for a complete and organic study of local insolation characteristics.
- Study of radiation intensity with different inclinations of the solarimeter
- Calibrating the solarimeter with the solar radiation
- Plotting charts of daily diurnal insolation, for total, diffuse and direct radiation, on horizontal surface and on surface perpendicular to the sun rays
- Graphical and statistical results interpretations
- Assessing the current output of a solar cell by changing its orientation to the light source
- Experimental assessment of voltage-current curves of a silicon cell for different lighting values
- Assessing the maximum electric power output by a silicon cell for different lighting or insolation values
- Calculating the effi ciency of a photovoltaic cell
- Parallel and series connection of solar cells
- Calculation of the average power supplied by a silicon cell panel
- Battery recharge