Photovoltaic System Simulator
Educational simulator mod. SIM-PM/EV is designed to study the operation of a stand-alone photovoltaic system (insulated from the mains).
Thanks to a photovoltaic panel, this type of equipment collects and transforms the incident solar radiation, so that it is available as electric energy to all users.
The perfect system operation is ensured by a battery charge controller and by an inverter. The simulator enables to analyze the system behavior depending on the battery charge level, the power requested by users and the panel position; it also enables to analyze the consequences of a disturbance on the system, such as clouds or the breaking of a cell.
The simulator should necessarily be connected with a PC (not included).
- Study of solar energy: photovoltaic effect
- Calculation of the average power developed by the sun on a specific place
- Monocrystalline and polycrystalline silicon cells
- Energy balance of the panel, effi ciency
- Devices for storing energy
- Batteries charge control