Automated Production Line Piece Weighing and Selection
The MCE-F1/EV line includes several MCE mechatronic modules that simulates an industrial automated process.
Piece weighing and selection are managed and supported by a pick & place module.
The educational objective is to broaden the student’s knowledge in programming and testing an industrial manufacturing line.
The MCE-F1/EV system is composed by the following elements:
- Conveyor module (MCE-700/EV) x2
- Pick & place module (MCE-710/EV)
- Test and selection module (MCE-720/EV)
- Weighing module (MCE-730/EV)
- Prismatic pieces feeding module (MCE-740/EV)
- ATZ/EV – Box of tools and workpieces
The working cycle can be described as follows:
- The piece is ejected from the storage module to the conveyor no. 1
- The pick & place module picks and handles the piece
- The piece is weighed
If the piece complies with the preset weight, the working cycle
continues as follows:
- The piece is taken from the weighing module & put on conveyor no. 2
- Pieces are then classified and stored by the test and selection module according to the kind of material
If the piece does not comply with the preset weight, the working cycle follows in this way:
- The piece is taken from the weighing module and put on conveyor no. 1 for the storage