Automated Production Line Piece Identification, Measurement Thickness and Unload
The MCE-E1/EV line includes several MCE mechatronic modules that simulates an industrial automated process.
Piece identification and thickness measurement are managed and supported by two robot arms.
The educational objective is to broaden the student’s knowledge in programming and testing an industrial manufacturing line.
The MCE-E1/EV system is composed by the following elements:
- Piece thickness measurement module (MCE-520/EV)
- Conveyor and multiple selection (MCE-705/EV)
- Robot Arm (NDIDA/EV) x2
- ATZ/EV – Box of tools and workpieces
- The working cycle can be described as follows:
- Robot arm no. 1 picks and handles the piece
- The piece is laid on the conveyor belt
- The conveyor belt starts rolling and the piece is identified by inductive and optical sensors
- Robot arm no. 2 picks and handles the piece
- The thickness of the piece is measured