Automated Production Line Piece Handling and Multiple Selection
The MCE-A1/EV line includes several MCE mechatronic modules that simulates an industrial automated process. Piece selection and handling are managed and supported by a robot arm.
The educational objective is to broaden the student’s knowledge in programming and testing an industrial manufacturing line.
The MCE-A1/EV system is composed by the following elements:
- Conveyor and multiple selection module (MCE-705/EV)
- Robot arm (NDIDA/EV)
- ATZ/EV – Box of tools and workpieces
- The working cycle can be described as follows:
- The robot arm picks and handle the piece
- The piece is laid on the conveyor belt
- The conveyor belt starts rolling and the piece is identified by inductive and optical sensors
- A pneumatic device stores the piece in the selected warehouse