Automated Production Line Piece Identification, Thickness measurement & Storage
The MCE-B1/EV line includes several MCE mechatronic modules that simulates an industrial automated process. Piece identification, thickness measurement and storage are managed and supported by a swivel arm.
The educational objective is to broaden the student’s knowledge in programming and testing an industrial manufacturing line.
The MCE-B1/EV system is composed by the following elements:
- Piece identification & distribution module (MCE-500/EV)
- Swivel arm module (MCE-510/EV)
- Piece thickness measurement module (MCE-520/EV )
- Linear storage module (MCE-530/EV)
- ATZ/EV – Box of tools and workpieces
- The piece is expulsed from the distributor
- The swivel arm picks and handle the piece
- Inductive and optical sensors identify the piece; if the piece is compliant, it is transferred to the next station
- The piece is stored according to the tests carried out in the previous stations