Edge IoT Teaching Platform
IoT – when artificial intelligence meets Internet of Thing!
Its system consists of sensor modules, edge computing modules, and AI computing accelerators. The course provided is structured in a coherent and clear manner, and the concepts of sensors, networks, and applications can be introduced progressively and thoroughly.
With this system, users shall be able to deploy various smart applications of IoT and edge computing.
Each of the 16 sensor modules is embedded in a separate aluminium housing with a built-in hook and powered by a rechargeable lithium battery, so the sensor modules can be deployed in many different locations as well as on the training stand. The name of each sensor is printed on the housing.
- An open-source integrated development environment: users can start programming using an easy-to-use language.
- Graphical programming language development tools: users can generate writing programs by dragging and dropping (ideal for beginner programmer)
- A flexible structure: convenient to set up and deploy required experimental environments easily.
- All data collected from sensors are stored in database. Data can also be uploaded to cloud servers, such as ThingSpeak, Amazon Web Services, and Microsoft Azure.
- It is compatible with the MQTT communication protocol, and data is obtained through publication and subscription.
- Introduction and application of 16 sensor modules
- Edge computing modules
- Comprehensive IoT development tools
- Python • MQTT • Node-red
Experiment List of IoT
- Microcontroller Development
- Sensing Layer
- Wi-Fi Communication
- MQTT Communication
- IoT Web Server Experiment
- Web Engineering
- Visual Programming Language
Experiment List of Edge Computing
- Computer Vision and Image Processing Experiment
- Perform Image Manipulation Experiment
- Open and Stream Vidio Experiment
- Track Face Detection In Vision Experiment
- Train on Images by TensorFlow Experiment
Edge Computing With IoT
- Face Recognition Experiment
- Head Pose Experiment
- Facial Landmarks Experiment
- Emotions Recognition Experiment
- Smart Home Experiment