Reverse Osmosis Pilot Plant
Mod. OI/EV manual
Mod. OIa/EV automated
The phenomenon of osmosis is reversible, consequently, if a solution in contact with a semipermeable membrane undergoes a mechanical pressure higher than its osmotic pressure, some solvent will cross the membrane and this phenomenon is called reverse osmosis.
It can easily be realized that this phenomenon can be used for seawater desalination or to concentrate and purify waste waters.
The process unit enables to develop and analyze the following issues:
- effect of operating pressure
- effect of feed flow rate
- effect of UV light treatment (sterilization of permeate)
- concentrate and permeate ratio
- optimizing reverse osmosis process
- automatic PID control (only for mod. OIa/EV)
- plant supervision (only for mod. OIa/EV)