Solid-Liquid Extraction Pilot Plant
- SL/EV manual
- SLa/EV automated
This unit enables to study countercurrent solid-liquid extractions in a continuous extractor with Archimedean screw. The solid, stored in a hopper, is fed to the extractor via an Archimedean screw. The solvent, stored in a tank, is sent to the top of the extractor by a metering pump.
The solid phase is conveyed in the extractor by an Archimedean screw of PTFE, whereas the solvent will fall in countercurrent by gravity. Solvent and extracted product, as well as the exhausted solid, are stored in proper tanks.
The automated version mod. SLa/EV also includes a PID controller that enables to control the solvent pre-heating temperature automatically.
- Calculation of the number of theoretical stages
- Study of the extraction performance versus the nature and flow rate of the solid, and the type, flow rate and temperature of the solvent
- Extraction of oil from soybean laminate with hexane
- Extraction of chorophyl from spinach with ethanol
- Extraction of oil from olive husk with hexane
- Extraction of starch from potatoes with water
- Automatic temperature control with PID controller (SLa/EV, only)
- Plant supervision by PC (SLa/EV, only)